Sunday, September 12, 2010

Old Traditions Made New

I have always greatly admired my mom's sewing ability! Over the years, she has transformed many dorm rooms, apartments, and classrooms for my sister and me! She does amazing things! I have only recently come to really appreciate her work, once I began to sew myself. It can be really difficult!

One project my mom has continued to pursue for as long as I can remember is making baby pillows for new mothers. I have always admired this and became amazed as I heard stories of how people cherished these pillows over the years. I wanted to continue this tradition because I have seen how this original gift has left a lasting impression.

Recently, our dear friends Paul and Kara Karnes were given the blessing of a sweet baby boy, Rawls Henry. I saw my opportunity and I set to work. Below is my finished project, not bad for my first try!

Here is the pillow stuffed setting next to my sewing machine (which has come one of my most prized possessions- thanks again mom!) I was able to give the Karnes the pillow today! First, of hopefully, many to come!
Have a happy and blessed Sunday everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Lyndi is tucked away in bed with her f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e. pillow right now! It was perfectly crafted and made by your sweet momma. We don't go anywhere without it (7 yrs now) and I'm sure will always be a "part" of her life. I tease her and say we are going to use it in her wedding one day. Good for you Lisa ... a little jealous of your crafty-ness ;)

    ReplyDelete