Saturday, September 11, 2010

Home, Sweet, Home



God blessed us tremendously this past November when we purchased our new home in Charleston. I have loved working to make in my own and to reflect my somewhat unconventional taste.These are some of my  recent projects and additions!

I have become obsessed with gardening! This bike from Hobby Lobby was probably one of my favorite birthday presents ever ( from my awesome mom). It really gives our yard a lot of personality!


This is one of my favorite parts of my living room! My GDC table (major splurge), and other goodies I have collected along the way!
You will probably see a lot of pictures of my mantel because I change it almost every week. Right now it features shutters from Habitat for Humanity and an over sized canvas print of our five year photo shoot.
My love of Nadeau Furniture Store is a little ridiculous. This is my most recent piece. I call it "phone booth china cabinet."
This is a picture of my guest bed featuring the first pillows I've ever made. My sweet mama taught me! The remnant came from GDC ($7.40). I had enough left over to make the wall art using art canvas and a staple gun.
I stole my plate mural idea from one of my favorite blogs, Nesting Place. I created the whole thing for under $30 with clearance plates from TJ Maxx!
This is my sun room featuring the papazan chairs my sister and I had in college. I still think they are fabulous. The best thing, I did not have to pay a dime for them!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa! I love the new plates on your wall! It's always so fun to come into your home because you always have a new project to admire!

    ReplyDelete