Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh, this man ...


The hippie. The free spirit. Lots of things have been said to describe my husband of six years. However, as I reflect on our marriage, words to describe him and how I feel about him have escaped me.

I think back on how he has loved me. At sixteen, he asked me to be his girlfriend. At twenty, he asked me to be his bride. At twenty one, he married me and took on the responsibility of a wife and family while most young men were pumped to take their first sip of beer. In all those years of courtship, he never wavered. Every day he was respectful and clear on his intentions to court me in a Godly way.

Since that faithful day in 2005, he has worked and gone to school to support us. He never complained. Every Sunday, he took our little family to church. When we moved to Charleston, we found a church before we found somewhere to live. His commitment to the Lord matches his commitment to his family. He has truly loved me as Christ loves his church.

So, even as words escape me, I know that I am immeasurably blessed to be married to Ashley Cunningham. I thank the Lord daily for the blessing that is my husband.



Happy Anniversary, Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment