Sunday, March 13, 2011

New items that make me smile.

Here are a few pics of some items I recently rescued from a yard sale and antique clearance event.


Pictured above is my sky blue door. I put a pic on facebook because lots of people had been asking to see it, but here is the story. They have had this door in my favorite antique shop for almost a year. It was CRAZY expensive and so all I could do was look. I almost took the plunge several times, but could just never do it... it is a door after all :). Then one day I walked in, and of course walked over to admire. To my glee, a sign on the door said 70% off. I asked one of the salespeople if this wonderful news could be true! He said, " Well, yes maam, we just couldn't move it. Not a lot of people are in the market for a 7 1/2 foot blue door." I kindly told him he had never met me and took it home that day! :)

No great creative plans for this one. It is just sitting against the wall in my bedroom. But it is so awesome, that's all I needed to do!



Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the year, Daniel Island yard sale day!!! Not only do I always spend this day with one of my favorite people, Kara Karnes, I get to go to the largest yard sale event I have ever seen!!! I always go with a budget, so I do not bankrupt my little family. Yesterday, I spent my entire budget at the first house. But, it was worth it!

Pictured above is my purchase ( plus two other antique trinkets- not bad on a $60 dollar budget). I am not sure exactly what it is... neither was the seller ( she picked it up somewhere in North Carolina). But one thing is for certain... it has LOTS of personality... and I like that. This piece is currently in my bedroom. I think I will put a little lamp on it and use it to hold the books I read in the evening.

My bedroom is such a fun place to be now with my new salvaged items. I think I will sit in it today while I mark report cards ... that may make it less painful! :)
Blessings to you this week my friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new pieces!! It looks like your last piece is the top to a baker's station aka cupboard. Mom has a whole one in her kitchen. The bottom has a slide out to use for all sorts of cooking. Is that a roll top on the bottom? It sure is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete