Thursday, January 20, 2011

These are a few of my favorite (NEW) things!

Wow! It has been a long time friends! I am committed to being a little more regular on my blog entries. In fact, it is one of my many resolutions for this new year. So here is the first of, hopefully, many 2011 blog posts!

I have been a busy bee around the house. I feel like I nest like crazy in the winter. I am like a hoarder grabbing little things that make me happy from every thrift and antique store I see. Here are a few of my favorite finds over the last month...


This was my sister's bed when she was a little girl. My mom gave it to me after Katie got married, because she wanted another double bed to accommodate our growing family! This was perfect because I wanted some additional sleeping options and sitting room in my office. So, I killed two birds with one stone and made it into a daybed. My mom and I made all of the pillows. It took us a long time but it was such a fun day! I love that lady and my new bed!


This little goody came from the Charleston holiday market. A sweet little mountain man was selling some of the most beautiful hand crafted items. I wanted to take home everything he was selling! When I asked him for his email to inquire about future purchases, he responded, "Oh, I don't have one of them computers." Priceless!  I may never see him again but I will cherish this little purchase for a long time!

This is a little showcase of some of my thrifted items. The vase came from a thrift store on Rivers Avenue $.99. The old fashioned indoor shutter came from an antique store clearance section for $2.50. This table sits in our bedroom. All of the Willow Tree items were gifts from very special people.

Okay... this has to be my favorite. This is an old barn door from my favorite antique store. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Isn't it fabulous!


My latest obsession ... old glass bottles. Here are some of my favorites from my ever growing collection!


I rescued this amazing window from the bottom of a stack at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. A little paint and sandpaper, and this baby was ready to hang. It looks so fun in my bathroom!





These oversized coffee bags are my latest find. I got them FREE at a local coffee shop Ashley and I ride our bikes to on the weekend. They are awesome and my mind is racing with possibilities. Any suggestions... send them my way!

Thanks for reading and sharing with me the happiness found in the little things.
Grace and Love
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment